This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2578 / 53°15'27"N
Longitude: -2.5188 / 2°31'7"W
OS Eastings: 365487
OS Northings: 373542
OS Grid: SJ654735
Mapcode National: GBR BZVR.HX
Mapcode Global: WH99C.8CTW
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 19 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161050
English Heritage Legacy ID: 57623
Location: Northwich, Cheshire West and Chester, CW8
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Northwich
Built-Up Area: Northwich
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Northwich Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 67 SE NORTHWICH C.P CASTLE STREET
(South East Side)
5/29 Church of the Holy
Church 1842 of red tooled ashlar sandstone with grey slate roofs.
West tower with spire, aisleless nave of 6 bays, small 1-bay chancel.
Slender stone broach spire on 3-stage tower which has west door in
moulded archway with colonettes, 3 lancets to bellringers' chamber and
traceried bell-openings. Traceried north and south windows to nave
and chancel; corbel table; east window of circle above 3 lancets;
lancet window to east end of nave at each side of chancel.
Interior West gallery on cast iron arcade contains organ;
contemporary pews, pulpit and lectern of painted wood; octagonal font;
chancel arch has continuous mouldings and no capitals; a largely
undisturbed interior of its period.
The architect is not recorded, but is reputed to have been the
engineer to the Board of the Weaver Navigation; the church was built
Listing NGR: SJ6548773541
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings