This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3686 / 53°22'6"N
Longitude: -1.4891 / 1°29'20"W
OS Eastings: 434094
OS Northings: 385870
OS Grid: SK340858
Mapcode National: GBR 9CQ.77
Mapcode Global: WHDDP.3L6D
Plus Code: 9C5W9G96+C9
Entry Name: Monument to William Parker 40 Metres South West of Old Chapel at General Cemetery
Listing Date: 8 September 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1271053
English Heritage Legacy ID: 456236
Location: Sheffield, S11
Electoral Ward/Division: Nether Edge and Sharrow
Built-Up Area: Sheffield
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Endcliffe St Augustine
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
SK3485NW CEMETERY ROAD
784-1/37/160 (North side (off))
08/09/70 Monument to William Parker 40m
south-west of Old Chapel at General
Monument. 1837. Erected by the merchants and manufacturers of
Sheffield in memory of William Parker, merchant. White marble.
Square stepped base carrying corniced square pedestal with
inscription. Circular lantern with fluted Corinthian columns,
with festooned base and inscribed cornice, topped with a dome.
Listing NGR: SK3409485870
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings