This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.952 / 52°57'7"N
Longitude: -1.1448 / 1°8'41"W
OS Eastings: 457553
OS Northings: 339750
OS Grid: SK575397
Mapcode National: GBR LQP.8X
Mapcode Global: WHDGZ.D226
Plus Code: 9C4WXV24+R3
Entry Name: 16, Pilcher Gate
Listing Date: 30 November 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1344917
English Heritage Legacy ID: 458492
Location: Nottingham, NG1
Electoral Ward/Division: Bridge
Built-Up Area: Nottingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Nottingham St Peter with St James
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK5739NE PILCHER GATE
646-1/21/494 (South side)
Warehouse, now offices. c1856. By TC Hine of Nottingham.
Converted late C20. Ashlar and red brick, with ashlar
dressings and hipped slate roof with 2 side wall stacks.
Ashlar plinth and ground floor, painted, ground floor and
eaves cornices, second floor sill band. Corner block, 3
storeys plus basement and attics; 5 x 6 windows. Windows are
mainly original cast-iron glazing bar casements, those to the
ground floor segment-headed, those above round-headed and with
linked hood moulds. Attics have similar fenestration with
smaller wooden framed windows. Rounded corner entrance bay has
a moulded segment-arched opening containing a framed panelled
door with blank fanlight, flanked by granite columns. Above, a
triple window on each floor. Front, to Pilcher Gate, has an
off-centre recessed bay with a tall 3-light traceried window
flanked by 3 windows to left and one to right. Similar
fenestration above and below. Basement has 7 blank openings.
Right return, to Halifax Place, has regular fenestration on
the upper floors. On the ground floor, to right, 2 altered
windows, one now a door.
(Get to know Nottingham: Brand K: Thomas Chambers Hine; an
architect of Victorian Nottingham: Nottingham: 12).
Listing NGR: SK5755339749
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings