This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2538 / 52°15'13"N
Longitude: 0.7139 / 0°42'50"E
OS Eastings: 585342
OS Northings: 265206
OS Grid: TL853652
Mapcode National: GBR QDT.MBC
Mapcode Global: VHKD4.BM93
Plus Code: 9F427P37+GH
Entry Name: Fornham Road Free Church
Listing Date: 30 October 1997
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1363684
English Heritage Legacy ID: 466823
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, West Suffolk, Suffolk, IP32
Civil Parish: Bury St Edmunds
Built-Up Area: Bury St Edmunds
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Bury St Edmunds St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
639-1/1/352 FORNHAM ROAD
30-OCT-97 (West side)
Fornham Road Free Church
Former Railway Mission chapel, renamed Fornham Road Free Church in 1990. Built in 1900; extended to its present size in 1903. In painted corrugated iron with painted matchboard lining. 2-light windows in Gothic style; small triangular dormers in both roof slopes. A small entrance porch and lobby at the east end.
INTERIOR: There are 2 separate rooms to the west of the main chapel.
(Abbott G: History of the Railway Mission: 1990-).
Listing NGR: TL8534265206
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings