This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.7224 / 51°43'20"N
Longitude: -1.642 / 1°38'31"W
OS Eastings: 424827
OS Northings: 202693
OS Grid: SP248026
Mapcode National: GBR 5TT.ZNF
Mapcode Global: VHC05.HY9Z
Plus Code: 9C3WP9C5+X6
Entry Name: Pember House
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Last Amended: 30 March 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1367771
English Heritage Legacy ID: 253845
Location: Langford, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, GL7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Langford
Built-Up Area: Langford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Langford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
LANGFORD CHAPEL LANE
SP2402-2502 (South side)
6/94 Pember House
(Formerly listed as Homefield)
Farmhouse, now house. Probably early to mid-C17 extended and restored c.1930.
Uncoursed limestone rubble with alternating angle quoins; stone slate roofs. In
2 sections with lower section to left. One storey and attic to lower section; 2
storeys and gable-lit attic to upper part. Left section has two 3-light mullion
windows with dripstones to ground floor and gabled full dormers with 2-light
mullion windows directly above. Central ridge stack with 3 attached and rebated
shafts, dripstone and moulded capping. Right part has 2 gabled false dormers
with 2-light mullion windows and a small rectangular window below eaves to left.
Prominent central gabled porch (c.1930) with ledged door to front has 3-light
mullion window to left and single-light rectangular window to right. Mullion
window with dripstone on each floor to right gable end. All windows have leaded
lights. Integral end stack to left with paired and rebated shafts, dripstone and
moulded capping has infilled doorway with wood lintel directly below; similar
but taller stack to rear right corner. Gabled range at right-angles to rear on
left of lower section added c.1930. Interior. Not inspected at tine of resurvey
(May 1987) but said to retain several original fireplaces.
Listing NGR: SP2482702693
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings