This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.6537 / 53°39'13"N
Longitude: -3.004 / 3°0'14"W
OS Eastings: 333737
OS Northings: 417933
OS Grid: SD337179
Mapcode National: GBR 7VG5.FZ
Mapcode Global: WH861.TFPC
Plus Code: 9C5RMX3W+F9
Entry Name: Lakeside Inn
Listing Date: 29 July 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1379729
English Heritage Legacy ID: 479134
Location: Sefton, PR9
Electoral Ward/Division: Cambridge
Built-Up Area: Southport
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Southport Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
664-1/9/156 (West side)
Small public house. Probably built between 1892, when the
north portion of the Marine Lake was added (or 1895, when the
2 lakes were joined) and 1913, when King George V opened the
new lake and gardens.
Timber-framed with panelled boarded walls and red tiled roof
and ridge tiles with a finial near the end of each ridge.
Small rectangular plan, built into north angle between the
Boathouse (which it adjoins) and the Promenade.
EXTERIOR: 2-storey structure presenting only the upper storey
to the Promenade (the lower storey built against the face of
the embankment); 3 bay loggia with wooden posts carrying an
oversailing roof with projected gabled centre, protecting a
small area with benches; pierced bargeboarding to the gable.
Under the loggia the recessed front wall of the enclosed main
range has geometrical framing. The roof is hipped at each end
but with a gable breaking through.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Forms group with the Boathouse (qv) and with the Cafe on the
lakeside approx. 30m to the south-west (qv).
Listing NGR: SD3373717933
Other nearby listed buildings