This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5363 / 52°32'10"N
Longitude: -2.8092 / 2°48'33"W
OS Eastings: 345208
OS Northings: 293468
OS Grid: SO452934
Mapcode National: GBR BG.F72T
Mapcode Global: VH75V.8J70
Plus Code: 9C4VG5PR+G8
Entry Name: Tudor Cottage
Listing Date: 4 July 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1383300
English Heritage Legacy ID: 483718
Location: Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6
Civil Parish: Church Stretton
Built-Up Area: Church Stretton
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Church Stretton
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO4593 HIGH STREET
1312-1/13/83 (East side)
04/07/52 Tudor Cottage
House. Late C16 with C17 alterations, remodelled late C18.
Painted timber frame with painted brick infill panels on stone
rubble plinth with stone rubble side and rear walls.
Plain-tile roofs with integral brick gable-end stack to left
and integral brick eaves stack to right on cross wing.
L-shaped on plan, with 2-bay hall and cross wing.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. Street front has gable of cross wing to
the right with first-floor and attic jetties, carved and
enriched corner brackets integral with corner posts, straight
tension braces and close studding at ground level, jettied
carved bressumer, herringbone pattern framing at first floor,
cambered jettied tie beam, decorative gable collars and struts
forming star patterns. Hall and return frame of cross wing to
left close studded throughout with single straight tension
brace, the upper tier of panelling to the hall created by a
raised eaves, C20 lattice casement windows.
North gable-end truss: cambered tie beam over square framing 3
panels high; 4 vertical struts, collar and twin raking struts
above tie beam, eaves raised over principals.
South side wall of stone rubble with single casement at first
Rear: framed gable truss to left consists of tie beam, 3
vertical struts, collar and twin raking struts over. Square
panelled first-floor framing to right with 2 casements.
Remainder of original frame underbuilt in replacement stone
rubble with date 1779 set in stone wall.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SO4520493469
Other nearby listed buildings