This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5037 / 51°30'13"N
Longitude: -0.0746 / 0°4'28"W
OS Eastings: 533732
OS Northings: 180060
OS Grid: TQ337800
Mapcode National: GBR WH.D4
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.NGFN
Plus Code: 9C3XGW3G+F5
Entry Name: Eagle Wharf
Listing Date: 20 January 1982
Last Amended: 17 September 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1385898
English Heritage Legacy ID: 471317
Location: Southwark, London, SE1
Electoral Ward/Division: Riverside
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Bermondsey St Mary Magdalen, St Olave, St John and St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ3380 SHAD THAMES
636-1/2/689 (South side)
20/01/82 Eagle Wharf
(Formerly Listed as:
Butler's Wharf 'S' and 'R'
Includes: No.59 LAFONE STREET.
Warehouse, now residential and office use. 1874 ground and 1st
floors, 1883 upper floors, converted 1980s. Stock brick with
white brick dressings, parapet with Portland stone coping.
6 storeys, 8-bay main elevation with 5-bay return to Lafone
Street (3 of them blind). Front elevation has 2 (adapted)
hatch ranks with white brick bull-nosed reveals; white brick
segmental arches to windows with iron frame glazing.
INTERIOR: internal structure said to have been retained:
concrete encased columns of ground floor and concrete beams to
concrete floor above are a later alteration, but the floors
above are of timber with cross section iron columns and iron
spreader caps formerly used with timber posts.
Important element in warehouse 'canyon' group along Shad
Listing NGR: TQ3373280060
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings