This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4998 / 51°29'59"N
Longitude: -0.0797 / 0°4'46"W
OS Eastings: 533389
OS Northings: 179618
OS Grid: TQ333796
Mapcode National: GBR VJ.7K
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.KKQM
Entry Name: Drinking Fountain in South East Corner of Tanner Street Recreation Ground
Listing Date: 17 September 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1385959
English Heritage Legacy ID: 471379
Location: Southwark, London, SE1
Electoral Ward/Division: Grange
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Bermondsey St Mary Magdalen, St Olave, St John and St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ3379 TANNER STREET
636-1/5/768 Drinking fountain in south-east
corner of Tanner Street Recreation
Turret, now drinking fountain. 1738-9, resited 1929. Octagonal
Portland stone turret, formerly capping the tower of the
Church of St Olave, Tooley Street, and resited following that
building's demolition at the opening of the Recreation Ground.
The Church of St Olave was built to the designs of Henry
Flitcroft in 1738-9, damaged by fire and rebuilt 1843-6, and
demolished in 1928 after much public controversy.
Listing NGR: TQ3338979618
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings