This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1099 / 52°6'35"N
Longitude: -2.0742 / 2°4'27"W
OS Eastings: 395016
OS Northings: 245731
OS Grid: SO950457
Mapcode National: GBR 2JM.QDN
Mapcode Global: VHB0R.07BD
Plus Code: 9C4V4W5G+X8
Entry Name: Bridge House
Listing Date: 11 February 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1386902
English Heritage Legacy ID: 474315
Location: Pershore, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR10
Civil Parish: Pershore
Built-Up Area: Pershore
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Pershore
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO9545 BRIDGE STREET
648-1/5/1 (East side)
House. Late C18/early C19. Red brick in Flemish bond with
painted stone dressings. Double-depth plain tile roof, at
front with high coped parapet and moulded eaves cornice; brick
end stacks and one to ridge.
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys and cellar. 4-window range, left bay
breaking forward. Windows are 8/8 sashes, apart from 6/6
sashes to bay 3, all with narrow glazing bars, painted
channelled voussoirs and keystones; sillbands. 2 cellar
Entrance to bay 3 has doorcase with panelled reveals, 3/4
Doric columns, open pediment, fanlight with radial glazing
bars, 6-panel door, 3 stone steps with nosings, iron scrapers
and hand rails and firemark above. Carriage entrance to left
bay has brick basket arch with keystone and springers; moulded
wooden surround; double 3-panel doors. Painted moulded plinth.
Rendered side elevation.
Rear: main range has hipped roof, 2-storey canted bay window
with partly sashed and partly fixed glazing, and doorcase with
archivolt and radial fanlight. 2 short wings at right-angles.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
HISTORICAL NOTE: formerly the home of the Ganderton family,
wool staplers. The wool barn (now derelict, not included)
behind Nos 1 & 3 High Street (qv) formerly part of their
Listing NGR: SO9501645731
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings