History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

1, High Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Pershore, Worcestershire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1101 / 52°6'36"N

Longitude: -2.074 / 2°4'26"W

OS Eastings: 395025

OS Northings: 245749

OS Grid: SO950457

Mapcode National: GBR 2JM.QFQ

Mapcode Global: VHB0R.07D8

Entry Name: 1, High Street

Listing Date: 11 February 1965

Last Amended: 30 March 1999

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1387053

English Heritage Legacy ID: 474469

Location: Pershore, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR10

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Pershore

Built-Up Area: Pershore

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Pershore

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Pershore

Listing Text


PERSHORE

SO9545 HIGH STREET
648-1/5/110 (East side)
11/02/65 No.1
(Formerly Listed as:
HIGH STREET
(East side)
Nos.1 AND 3)

GV II

House and shop. Early C19 with later alterations. Brick
rendered with lined stucco. Welsh-slate roof of shallow pitch
with deep eaves soffit, cornice, and brick stack at right end.
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys; 2-window range. 2nd floor: horned 6/6
sashes with cambered heads and deeper reveals. 1st floor: plat
band; casements of 4/4 panes with margin lights, moulded dado
panels, and shutters, opening onto decorative cast-iron
verandah which has hipped painted lead roof and wooden floor
with console and paterae frieze on underside and wooden end
brackets. Ground floor: shopfront has 2 canted bay-windows of
plate glass with deep mullions flanking entrance which has
enriched architrave, panelled reveals, C20 door, and 2 stone
steps; wood-framed doorway at left end leads to side passage.
Plinth.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
HISTORICAL NOTE: said to be on the site of the former Kings
Head Inn. In use as a chemist's shop by 1814.

Listing NGR: SO9502545749

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.