History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of the Blessed Mary of the Rock (St Mary's Kirkheugh)

A Category B Listed Building in St Andrews, Fife

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 56.3399 / 56°20'23"N

Longitude: -2.7851 / 2°47'6"W

OS Eastings: 351564

OS Northings: 716665

OS Grid: NO515166

Mapcode National: GBR 2R.4J8H

Mapcode Global: WH7S0.6X15

Entry Name: Church of the Blessed Mary of the Rock (St Mary's Kirkheugh)

Listing Date: 23 February 1971

Category: B

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 386544

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB40595

Building Class: Cultural

Location: St Andrews

County: Fife

Town: St Andrews

Electoral Ward: St Andrews

Traditional County: Fife

Find accommodation in
St Andrews

Description

Ruin, foundations only. Nave 12th cent., but possibly alteration of earlier work; collegiate before 1290, choir and transepts 13th cent. on different orientation; aisleless, total length approx 106'. Demolished 1559. Also fragment of conventual buildings.

Statement of Interest

Guardianship Monument.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.