Lychgate at South Side of Churchyard of St Eigon's Church
A Grade II Listed Building in Llanigon, Powys
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Upload Photo »
Latitude: 52.0518 / 52°3'6"N
Longitude: -3.1477 / 3°8'51"W
OS Eastings: 321395
OS Northings: 239885
OS Grid: SO213398
Mapcode National: GBR F0.DV4K
Mapcode Global: VH6BJ.DP9H
Plus Code: 9C4R3V22+PW
Entry Name: Lychgate at South Side of Churchyard of St Eigon's Church
Listing Date: 28 September 1961
Last Amended: 20 June 1995
Source ID: 6624
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Stands in the SW corner of St Eigon's churchyard.
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Small, of stone, C19 with boarded gables and a stone-slate roof, the gables and roof renewed/repaired. Roof of oak, with collared rafter-couples, the halved joints nailed.
A small and comparatively unaltered lychgate.
Other nearby listed buildings
Parish Church of St Eigon
Situated on rising ground in an elevated position overlooking Llanigon.
The Old Post Office
The Old Post Office stands in the middle of Llanigon village 25 metres W of the church on a rising site and end-on to the lane, so that both its front and rear elevations are clearly visible.
Granary and Stable at Ty Mawr
Immediately to the north of Ty Mawr farmhouse which is situated to east of and below Llanigon Church.
Stands in a low spot 100 yards E of Llanigon Church, with farmyard and ranges to N.
The house stands adjacent to a lane, 600 metres ESE of Llanigon Church.
Stables at Penyrwrlodd
The stable-range is situated opposite the house across the lane. It is attached to another farm building.
Plas Celyn is situated in a farmyard 800 metres S of Llanigon.
Bridge Over Digedi Brook
The bridge crosses the Digedi Brook where the lane enters Llanigon village from NW.