This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5242 / 51°31'27"N
Longitude: -3.1129 / 3°6'46"W
OS Eastings: 322886
OS Northings: 181178
OS Grid: ST228811
Mapcode National: GBR KZ3.XK
Mapcode Global: VH7BJ.0Y5D
Plus Code: 9C3RGVFP+MR
Entry Name: Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses
Listing Date: 10 June 1977
Last Amended: 31 August 2000
Source ID: 13923
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Side-on to the main thoroughfare within a small walled enclosure incorporating iron gate with heavy caps to the gate-piers.
Community: Old St. Mellons (Hen Laneirwg)
Community: Old St. Mellons
Locality: St Mellons
Built-Up Area: Cardiff
Traditional County: Monmouthshire
Built as Soar Welsh Independent Chapel c 1840. Shown with burial ground to rear on OS map of 1880.
Small chapel. Of rendered stone painted in white with black detailing; shallow-pitched hipped Welsh slate roof with bracketed eaves cornice; bands at impost and sill levels to both front and side elevations. Side wall facade with 3 tall round-headed arches with shorter round-headed windows inserted within the 2 end blockings; archivolts and keystones. Small gabled porch wing against gable end also with bracketed eaves; round-headed doorway with renewed doors facing street; impost band returns to gable-end elevation curving over a now blocked window with sill. Wall extends to form a small entrance courtyard; thick rubble wall with later brick piers, pyramidal coping and iron gate with slender spear finials.
Included as a small chapel in the early-mid C19 village centre of Old St Mellons; group value with the war memorial, the White Hart PH and the Bluebell Inn.
Other nearby listed buildings