History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Ty Draw Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Nercwys, Flintshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1405 / 53°8'25"N

Longitude: -3.1514 / 3°9'5"W

OS Eastings: 323075

OS Northings: 360987

OS Grid: SJ230609

Mapcode National: GBR 6Z.62ZJ

Mapcode Global: WH77C.KBJ9

Entry Name: Ty Draw Farmhouse

Listing Date: 12 December 1994

Last Amended: 12 December 1994

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 15230

Building Class: Domestic

Location: To the NW of the village centre. Set back from the road at the end of a large yard with dwarf rubble entrance walls with decorative crenellations.

County: Flintshire

Community: Nercwys

Community: Nercwys

Traditional County: Flintshire

Find accommodation in
Nerquis

Exterior

Sub-Medieval storeyed farmhouse of rendered rubble under a steep slate roof. Lobby-entry plan, probably early C17, extended to R and rear probably late C17. Plain brick central and end chimneys, all C19. Off-centre entrance with recessed 4-panelled door. 3 modern 2- pane windows to both floors, with projecting cills.

Interior

Heavily beamed ceilings to the 3 ground floor rooms, those to former parlour (L) and hall (centre) with chamfered and stopped main beam. Large inglenook to hall with similar bressumer
and C18 bracketed mantle-shelf. The later cross-wing to the rear also has beamed ceilings as before and the extended bay to R has a main stopped-chamfered beam of late C17 character. Re-used C17/18 panelling to upper stair walls with further, similar panelling inserted in an upper lobby ceiling.

Reasons for Listing

An early farmhouse in a central village location with several surviving contemporary features internally.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Attached Smithy
    To the NW of the village centre, set back slightly from the street- line.
  • II The Old Smithy Cottage
    To the NW of the village centre, set back slightly from the street- line.
  • II Coach House and Stable-Block at Plas Ffynnon
    Immediately to the N of the former vicarage.
  • II Plas Ffynnon
    To the NW of the village centre, set back from the road behind dwarf brick forecourt walls.
  • II Agricultural Range tp SW of Plas Hendre
    Located at the end of a farm lane SW of Hendre Ucha farmhouse, on sloping ground opposite the hay barn.
  • II Hay Barn at Plas Hendre
    Located at the end of a farm lane to the W of Hendre Ucha farmhouse, and raised slightly above it, opposite a further, later, agricultural range.
  • II Plas Hendre
    Located at the end of a farm lane at right angles with the main village street, to the NW of the village centre.
  • II Barn at Hendra Isa
    Situated to the W of Hendre Isa farmhouse, closing the farmyard on the W side, and with modern barn buildings abutting its E face.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.