History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coach House and Stable-Block at Plas Ffynnon

A Grade II Listed Building in Nercwys, Flintshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1399 / 53°8'23"N

Longitude: -3.1499 / 3°8'59"W

OS Eastings: 323172

OS Northings: 360925

OS Grid: SJ231609

Mapcode National: GBR 6Z.699W

Mapcode Global: WH77C.LB7Q

Entry Name: Coach House and Stable-Block at Plas Ffynnon

Listing Date: 12 December 1994

Last Amended: 12 December 1994

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 15234

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Immediately to the N of the former vicarage.

County: Flintshire

Community: Nercwys

Community: Nercwys

Traditional County: Flintshire

Find accommodation in
Nerquis

Exterior

An L-shaped coach house and stable block, of c.1877 and attributable to John Douglas, architect of Chester. Brick on a rubble base with medium-pitched tile roof. One-and-a-half storey coach-house section, gabled with slightly oversailing eaves and exposed purlin-ends. Vertical ventilation slits and near-flush tripartite window in the gable with cambered head. Plain central chimney. Further ventilation slits to W (road-facing) side. Modern garage entrance to E, and to the N (rear), a 3-light mullioned window with a cambered-headed window above with external boarded shutter. Stepped-down to the E and adjoining, the stable block. Single storey with plain stack to the L. 3 entrances with cambered heads and boarded doors. 2-pane modern window to L. 2 ventilation slits and 2 iron shuttered windows to rear.

Reasons for Listing

Included for group value with Plas Ffynnon.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Plas Ffynnon
    To the NW of the village centre, set back from the road behind dwarf brick forecourt walls.
  • II Ty Draw Farmhouse
    To the NW of the village centre. Set back from the road at the end of a large yard with dwarf rubble entrance walls with decorative crenellations.
  • II Attached Smithy
    To the NW of the village centre, set back slightly from the street- line.
  • II The Old Smithy Cottage
    To the NW of the village centre, set back slightly from the street- line.
  • II Agricultural Range tp SW of Plas Hendre
    Located at the end of a farm lane SW of Hendre Ucha farmhouse, on sloping ground opposite the hay barn.
  • II Hay Barn at Plas Hendre
    Located at the end of a farm lane to the W of Hendre Ucha farmhouse, and raised slightly above it, opposite a further, later, agricultural range.
  • II Plas Hendre
    Located at the end of a farm lane at right angles with the main village street, to the NW of the village centre.
  • II Churchuard Gates and Walls at St Mary's Church
    In the churchyard, adjoining the N agricultural range of Plas yn Llan and flush with its E gable.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.