This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7248 / 51°43'29"N
Longitude: -4.8245 / 4°49'28"W
OS Eastings: 205018
OS Northings: 206678
OS Grid: SN050066
Mapcode National: GBR GB.QFDG
Mapcode Global: VH2PB.BXB3
Plus Code: 9C3QP5FG+W5
Entry Name: Cresselly Arms P.H.
Listing Date: 28 April 1995
Last Amended: 8 April 1997
Source ID: 15930
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Beside the road overlooking the Cresswell River and Quay, on the edge of the parkland to Cresselly House.
Locality: Cresswell Quay
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Originally an C18 2-storey, 3-window house with 1-storey wings forward at the ends; it is known to have been occupied by John Upton in 1756. It is marked as a public house on the 1864 O.S. Map. It was remodelled in the later C19 (after 1873) to create the present inn with a 4-window front plus 2-storey gabled wing to the left.
Cement-rendered walls (largely covered by creeper), slate roofs with three stone chimney stacks. 4-windows to the main range plus 1-window to the return wing, 4-light timber sashes. 3-light splayed bays under lean-to roofs flank a central 4-panel door. This door has bolection moulded panels and a plain light above. A second 4-panel door to return wing and marginal glazing bars to the adjoining window. Main S gable end has cantilevered timber bay window to upper floor.
Recent photographs show the name of the Public House, Cresselly Arms, displayed in raised letters on a large panel over the door of the return wing, with the Allen crest above; however, the name and crest are now (1996) concealed by creeper growth.
Group value with other listed items at Cresswell Quay.
Other nearby listed buildings