This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2196 / 52°13'10"N
Longitude: -3.9326 / 3°55'57"W
OS Eastings: 268074
OS Northings: 259697
OS Grid: SN680596
Mapcode National: GBR DY.2C62
Mapcode Global: VH4GD.SGBS
Entry Name: Telephone Call Box by the Memorial Hall (01974 298233)
Listing Date: 10 June 1997
Last Amended: 10 June 1997
Source ID: 18479
Building Class: Communications
Location: Situated on N side of the Square in Tregaron.
Built-Up Area: Tregaron
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Mid C20 telphone kiosk to the standard K6 design made for the GPO in 1936 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, this one made before 1952.
Red-painted cast-iron kiosk with wooden door. Square plan, with moulded plinth, glazed sides and door, four translucent lettered panels above and top shallow Soaneian dome with lunettes and embossed George VI crowns. Sides have glazing in raised reeded surrounds to 8 panels each with marginal glazing bars. Door has similar glazing, without surround.
Listed for its prominent location in the centre of Tregaron, and included for group value with other listed buildings in the Square.
Other nearby listed buildings