This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3222 / 53°19'19"N
Longitude: -3.3433 / 3°20'35"W
OS Eastings: 310619
OS Northings: 381426
OS Grid: SJ106814
Mapcode National: GBR 5Z20.ZT
Mapcode Global: WH769.MR5H
Plus Code: 9C5R8MC4+VM
Entry Name: Lych Gate in the churchyard of the Church of SS Asaph and Kentigern
Listing Date: 30 April 2001
Last Amended: 30 April 2001
Source ID: 25093
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: On the W side of the churchyard.
Traditional County: Flintshire
Tablets record its building in 1735, rebuilding in 1857 and restoration in 1962, following the demolition of an adjacent school.
Lych gate with rubble stone gable ends supporting a slate roof. The outer (W) side is continuous with the churchyard perimeter wall and has double C19 wooden gates. The S gable end is battered, the result of restoration in 1962. Inside are ledges with slate benches, added in 1962. In the N wall are tablets inscribed 'William Jones, Peter Griffiths, Churchwardens 1735', above which is 'Ed Sanders, J Cartwright, Wardens 1857'. The tablet commemorating restoration in 1962 is in the S wall.
Listed as a substantially C18 lych gate and for its contribution to the setting of the Church of SS Asaph and Kentigern and to the historic character of Llanasa.
Other nearby listed buildings