History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Telephone Call-box

A Grade II Listed Building in Llanasa, Flintshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3224 / 53°19'20"N

Longitude: -3.3434 / 3°20'36"W

OS Eastings: 310616

OS Northings: 381449

OS Grid: SJ106814

Mapcode National: GBR 5Z20.ZQ

Mapcode Global: WH769.MR4C

Entry Name: Telephone Call-box

Listing Date: 28 August 1990

Last Amended: 30 April 2001

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 586

Building Class: Communications

Location: In the centre of the village immediately W of the churchyard beside the Old Post Office.

County: Flintshire

Community: Llanasa

Community: Llanasa

Traditional County: Flintshire

Find accommodation in
Llanasa

History

A George VI kiosk, of the type introduced in 1936 to the design of Giles Gilbert Scott, architect of London. This example was manufactured by the Carron Co of Stirlingshire.

Exterior

A K6 type cast-iron kiosk painted red. It has a domed roof with 4 lunettes incorporating embossed crowns over red-lettered opals and ventilation slits. Raised surrounds have marginal bars to horizontal glazing and the kiosk stands on a moulded plinth. The rear is blank.

Reasons for Listing

Listed for its contribution to the historic character of Llanasa.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.