This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8962 / 52°53'46"N
Longitude: -4.0885 / 4°5'18"W
OS Eastings: 259603
OS Northings: 335232
OS Grid: SH596352
Mapcode National: GBR 5R.PP8T
Mapcode Global: WH55T.5GBL
Entry Name: Tyddyn Eglwys
Listing Date: 30 December 2004
Last Amended: 30 December 2004
Source ID: 83473
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Set back from the S side of a country lane which leads W off the A496 in Ynys towards the Church of St Michael.
Locality: Llanfihangel y Traethau
Traditional County: Merionethshire
Early-mid C19 rectory, mentioned in the 1834 terrier of the parish of Llanfihanel y Traethau, where it was stated that: 'The Perpetual Curacy has been augmented with the several lots of £200, £1070, and lately with £400 remaining in the Parliament Grants Fund except £400 which were raised to build the House and out-offices at Tyddyn-yr-Eglwys'
Recorded in the tithe apportionment of the parish, 1842, as owned by John William Clerk (Rector, Glebe) and occupied by Reverend John Pugh.
Two storey rectory with later gabled porch to front entrance. Built of coursed rubble masonry including long stones, particularly to ground floor and as quoins and lintels. Hipped slate roof has broad stone stacks with dripstones and capping, raised above original cap and rendered.
The principal elevation faces the lane to the N and has the entrance in a modern grit rendered gabled porch slightly offset to the R (W). Directly L of the entrance is a small paned casement window of 3-lights, and there is a similarly detailed, though smaller window above; to R is a blocked ground floor window. Both E and W elevations have similar ground floor windows offset towards the front of the house.
The interior was not inspected at the time of the survey.
Listed as a little altered early-mid C19 rectory which retains good traditional character.
Other nearby listed buildings