This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9128 / 52°54'45"N
Longitude: -0.9836 / 0°59'0"W
OS Eastings: 468446
OS Northings: 335520
OS Grid: SK684355
Mapcode National: GBR 9KP.B5G
Mapcode Global: WHFJC.V1SV
Plus Code: 9C4XW278+4H
Entry Name: Headstones in Churchyard of Church of St Giles, West of Tower
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1045651
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241832
Location: Cropwell Bishop, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG12
Civil Parish: Cropwell Bishop
Built-Up Area: Cropwell Bishop
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Cropwell Bishop
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
Tagged with: Tombstone
CROPWELL BISHOP FERN ROAD
SK63NE (north side)
1/24 Headstones in
- Churchyard of
Church of St Giles,
west of tower
Headstones. C18 and early C19. Slate.
1. Rectangular classical to: Robert Porter son of William and Mary
Porter d.1813 aged 3 years. Included for group value.
2. Rectangular with moulded shaped panel and relief crude winged
heads in corners to: Josheph Corner d.1760. Also, Mary
daughter of Joseph and Elizabeth Corner d.1761 aged 3 years.
3. Rectangular, to: Joseph Horner d.1784.
4. Shaped with flowing decoration, to: Hannah daughter of Thomas
and Ann Huskinson d.1796 aged 39 years. Signed Wood.
5. Shaped, flowing delicate ornamentation with 2 oval panels to:
Thomas Huskinson d.1795, and Ann wife of Thomas Huskinson d.1796.
6. Broad, rectangular, divided vertically, to: John Huskinson d.1783
and Ann wife of John Huskinson d.1784.
7. Tall, shaped with simple decoration, to: John Waner d.1790.
8. Rectangular with skull and crossbones in corners, to: Grace wife
of John Wane d.1768.
9. Rectangular with round-arched panel, to: Andrew Henson and Ann
his wife, both died 1746.
10. Rectangular, classical, divided vertically to: Mary, daughter of
Andrew and Ann Henson d.1770 in 67 year. Also Joseph son of
Andrew and Ann Henson d.1770 in his 65th year.
11. Large rectangular, classical, divided vertically, to: William
Henson d.1781, and Ann wife of Charles Bosworth d.1776. Signed
Listing NGR: SK6844635520
External links are from the relevant listing authority and, where applicable, Wikidata. Wikidata IDs may be related buildings as well as this specific building. If you want to add or update a link, you will need to do so by editing the Wikidata entry.
Other nearby listed buildings