This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9128 / 52°54'45"N
Longitude: -0.9836 / 0°59'0"W
OS Eastings: 468446
OS Northings: 335520
OS Grid: SK684355
Mapcode National: GBR 9KP.B5G
Mapcode Global: WHFJC.V1SV
Plus Code: 9C4XW278+4H
Entry Name: Headstones in Churchyard of Church of St Giles, West of Tower
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1045651
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241832
Location: Cropwell Bishop, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG12
Civil Parish: Cropwell Bishop
Built-Up Area: Cropwell Bishop
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Cropwell Bishop
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
CROPWELL BISHOP FERN ROAD
SK63NE (north side)
1/24 Headstones in
- Churchyard of
Church of St Giles,
west of tower
Headstones. C18 and early C19. Slate.
1. Rectangular classical to: Robert Porter son of William and Mary
Porter d.1813 aged 3 years. Included for group value.
2. Rectangular with moulded shaped panel and relief crude winged
heads in corners to: Josheph Corner d.1760. Also, Mary
daughter of Joseph and Elizabeth Corner d.1761 aged 3 years.
3. Rectangular, to: Joseph Horner d.1784.
4. Shaped with flowing decoration, to: Hannah daughter of Thomas
and Ann Huskinson d.1796 aged 39 years. Signed Wood.
5. Shaped, flowing delicate ornamentation with 2 oval panels to:
Thomas Huskinson d.1795, and Ann wife of Thomas Huskinson d.1796.
6. Broad, rectangular, divided vertically, to: John Huskinson d.1783
and Ann wife of John Huskinson d.1784.
7. Tall, shaped with simple decoration, to: John Waner d.1790.
8. Rectangular with skull and crossbones in corners, to: Grace wife
of John Wane d.1768.
9. Rectangular with round-arched panel, to: Andrew Henson and Ann
his wife, both died 1746.
10. Rectangular, classical, divided vertically to: Mary, daughter of
Andrew and Ann Henson d.1770 in 67 year. Also Joseph son of
Andrew and Ann Henson d.1770 in his 65th year.
11. Large rectangular, classical, divided vertically, to: William
Henson d.1781, and Ann wife of Charles Bosworth d.1776. Signed
Listing NGR: SK6844635520
Other nearby listed buildings