This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9127 / 52°54'45"N
Longitude: -0.9838 / 0°59'1"W
OS Eastings: 468434
OS Northings: 335514
OS Grid: SK684355
Mapcode National: GBR 9KP.J26
Mapcode Global: WHFJC.V1QW
Entry Name: Wall to South and West Sides of Churchyard of Churchyard of St Giles
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1210757
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241831
Location: Cropwell Bishop, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG12
Civil Parish: Cropwell Bishop
Built-Up Area: Cropwell Bishop
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Cropwell Bishop
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
CROPWELL BISHOP FERN ROAD
SK63NE (north side)
1/23 Wall to south and
- west sides of
Church of St Giles
Wall to churchyard. Dated 1838. Coursed blue lias rubble, with
sandstone flag coping. Wall is 2 metres high and extends approx. 50
metres along the south and west sides of the churchyard, and includes
a pair of gate piers on the south side. Recent rebuilding in centre.
A plaque in the centre reads:
THIS WALL, BUILT IN 1838
WAS REPAIRED IN THE
CORONATION YEAR OF
KING EDWARD VII 1902
Included for group value only.
Listing NGR: SK6843435514
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings