This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3973 / 53°23'50"N
Longitude: -2.153 / 2°9'10"W
OS Eastings: 389922
OS Northings: 388950
OS Grid: SJ899889
Mapcode National: GBR FYD4.PW
Mapcode Global: WHB9W.WVYY
Entry Name: Vicarage to Church of St George
Listing Date: 10 March 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1067197
English Heritage Legacy ID: 210787
Location: Stockport, SK2
Electoral Ward/Division: Davenport and Cale Green
Built-Up Area: Stockport
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Stockport St George
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 8988 16/50,
Buxton Road (West Side),
Vicarage to Church of St George
Circa 1900. Irregular building of Arts and Crafts style. Two storeys and attics
in red brick with roof of red tiles. Large house with canted bay and gables
with tumbled brickwork. Brick band between storeys. Stone doorway. Windows
with glazing bars, hung sashes and casements, brick rustication and keystones.
Included as part of the church complex (by George Fearn, a brewer who financed the
St George's Church, St George's Church of England Primary School and Secondary
Modern Schools, Wall and gate piers form a group with the Vicarage.
Listing NGR: SJ8992288950
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings