This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.9446 / 51°56'40"N
Longitude: -0.143 / 0°8'34"W
OS Eastings: 527737
OS Northings: 228973
OS Grid: TL277289
Mapcode National: GBR J7L.0P3
Mapcode Global: VHGNV.GDS3
Plus Code: 9C3XWVV4+RR
Entry Name: Fairclough Hall Farmhouse
Listing Date: 27 May 1968
Last Amended: 28 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1102489
English Heritage Legacy ID: 162731
Location: Weston, North Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG4
Civil Parish: Weston
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Weston
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
WESTON HALLS GREEN
TL 22 NE (East side)
5/119 Fairclough Hall Farmhouse
27.5.68 (formerly listed as
Farmhouse. C17 or earlier, brick cased and altered in C18/C19. Timber
frame roughcast. Chequered red and blue brick ground floor at rear.
Steep old red tile roofs, S wing half-hipped at E. A 2-storeys, L-shaped
house at W of farmyard facing W with slightly higher S wing. An internal
chimney, 3-cells, lobby-entry plan with large external N gable chimney
with 2 diagonally set square shafts and crow-step decoration to parlour
and chamber over on left of lobby entry. Rear entrance next angle of
wings possibly marks the line of an earlier cross-entry to lower end of
hall. 2 large projecting chimneys to S side of crosswing, and further
internal chimney at junction of wings. W front has 4 windows to ground
floor, 2 to 1st floor and entrance a third from N end opposite chimney.
4-lights flush casement windows flank the gabled open timber porch to
the half-glazed 6-panels door. 3-lights windows to 1st floor. 3 casement
windows to 1st floor and 2 to ground floor on S side and small porch to
entrance next LH corner. Panelled room on 1st floor at W, RCHM noted
c.1909 that large open fireplaces to internal stack had been infilled,
cambered tie-beams on 1st floor, and 2 doors made of early C17 oak
panelling with contemporary hinges. Then called Hall Green Farm formerly
Faircloth Hall after family of Fairclough owners in 1461 and up to 1634.
(RCHM (1911)175: VCH (1912)237).
Listing NGR: TL2773728973
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings