This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7414 / 53°44'29"N
Longitude: -0.3347 / 0°20'4"W
OS Eastings: 509932
OS Northings: 428515
OS Grid: TA099285
Mapcode National: GBR GNQ.Y6
Mapcode Global: WHGFR.T7T2
Plus Code: 9C5XPMR8+H4
Entry Name: King's Buildings
Listing Date: 21 January 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1197659
English Heritage Legacy ID: 387795
Location: Kingston upon Hull, HU1
County: City of Kingston upon Hull
Electoral Ward/Division: Myton
Built-Up Area: Kingston upon Hull
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Hull Most Holy and Undivided Trinity
Church of England Diocese: York
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 29/10/2019
KINGSTON UPON HULL
SOUTH CHURCH SIDE (South side)
(Formerly listed as King's Market)
Warehouse, now shops. 1875. By W Botterill. Yellow brick with ashlar ground floor and dressings. Roof not visible. Plinth, ground floor cornice, string courses, moulded eaves and blocking. Slightly projecting central entrance bay topped with segmental pediment. Projecting end bays defined by rusticated pilasters.
Four storeys; seven-window range. First floor has seven plain sashes, and above, seven smaller sashes. All these windows have cornices. Above again, seven smaller segment-headed sashes with shaped keystones. Ground floor has bays defined by pilasters and segment-headed openings with shaped keystones. Central doorway with double doors with shaped moulded panels and overlight, flanked by three single-pane windows with barred heads.
Left return has to right, a single bay with a window on each floor. To left, a range with four windows arranged 3:2. Ground floor has to left three small segment-headed windows with cellar openings below them, and to right a C20 door and a larger window, both segment headed. To left again, a segment-arched carriage opening.
Listing NGR: TA0993228515
Other nearby listed buildings