This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.7306 / 50°43'50"N
Longitude: -1.1632 / 1°9'47"W
OS Eastings: 459154
OS Northings: 92663
OS Grid: SZ591926
Mapcode National: GBR 9CN.0RN
Mapcode Global: FRA 87G4.SRM
Plus Code: 9C2WPRJP+6P
Entry Name: Church of Chapel of St Thomas's
Listing Date: 24 October 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1222335
English Heritage Legacy ID: 414489
Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, PO33
County: Isle of Wight
Civil Parish: Ryde
Built-Up Area: Ryde
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Isle of Wight
Church of England Parish: Ryde
Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth
ST THOMAS'S STREET
Church or Chapel of
SZ 5992 3/65 24.10.50.
A proprietary chapel still in private ownership. Built by Thomas Player in
1719. Enlarged and rebuilt by George Player in 1827. Rudimentary gothic,
built of stone coursed in imitation of bricks, patched with brick and
flints in places, rusticated quoins. Castellated parapet. Small square
West tower also castellated. Tall windows with Perpendicular tracery.
the interior is galleried and retains many of the original box pews.
Listing NGR: SZ5915492663
Other nearby listed buildings