This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8292 / 52°49'45"N
Longitude: -0.9871 / 0°59'13"W
OS Eastings: 468339
OS Northings: 326222
OS Grid: SK683262
Mapcode National: GBR 9LN.P7W
Mapcode Global: WHFJR.T43W
Entry Name: Group of Headstones in Churchyard of Church of St Luke to South of Church West of Porch
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1235984
English Heritage Legacy ID: 426892
Location: Upper Broughton, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, LE14
Civil Parish: Upper Broughton
Built-Up Area: Upper Broughton
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Broughton Sulney
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28/05/2015
RECTORY ROAD (north side)
Group of headstones in Churchyard of Church of St Luke to south of Church west of porch
Headstones. C18. Slate.
1. Rectangular with moulded, round-arched surround, to: William
the son of Ellis and Elizabeth Brown d.1751.
2. Small, rectangular, to: Elizabeth daughter of Ellis Brown by
Elizabeth his wife d.1768.
3. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: William son of
Robert Barlow by Anne his wife d.1709.
4. Rectangular with chamfered corners and round-faced winged angel,
to: John Barlow d.1741. Inscribed on the back (east facing),
to: Robert Barlow d.December 11th 1700 aged 55 years.
5. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: William Franks
6. Rectangular, plain, to: William Lister d.1721 in 41st year.
Also Elizabeth his wife d.1762 aged 73.
7. Broad and shaped with classical ornamentation, divided vertically,
to: John Homes and Elizabeth Homes. Probably late C18 or early
8. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: John White jnr.
d.1743 aged 19.
9. Tall, shaped, to: William Holmes son of John and Elizabeth Holmes
d.1808 aged 40 years. Signed Winfield.
10. Small with round-faced winged angel, to: John Scampton d.1755.
11. Tall, shaped, with classical decoration, to: Alice wife of
William Hart and relict of John Scanton d.1793.
12. Scrolled ornamental surround, to: William Scanton d.1767.
13. Tall, shaped, classical, to: William Hart d.1795. Signed
14. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel and raised letters, to:
Tho. Baly d.April 25th 1723 aged 76.
15. Two, round-faced winged angels and raised letters, to: Thomas
Baley d.March 15th 1733 aged 47.
16. Small with round-faced winged angel, to: Sarah the daughter of
Tho. and Elizabeth Baley d.1744 aged 10 years.
17. Shaped, with round-faced winged angel in head and scrolled
lettering, to: John Welch d.1755.
18. Rectangular with flowing decoration, to: Richard Lord d.1770.
19. Small, with round-faced winged angel, divided vertically, the
right side, to: William Lad d.1742.
Listing NGR: SK6833926222
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings