This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8293 / 52°49'45"N
Longitude: -0.9874 / 0°59'14"W
OS Eastings: 468324
OS Northings: 326235
OS Grid: SK683262
Mapcode National: GBR 9LN.P5N
Mapcode Global: WHFJR.T40T
Entry Name: Headstones in Churchyard of Church of St Luke West of Tower
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1264509
English Heritage Legacy ID: 426893
Location: Upper Broughton, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, LE14
Civil Parish: Upper Broughton
Built-Up Area: Upper Broughton
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Broughton Sulney
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
UPPER BROUGHTON RECTORY ROAD
SK62NE (north side)
6/149 Headstones in
- Churchyard of
Church of St Luke
west of tower
Headstones. C18 and early C19. Slate.
1. Rectangular, classical detail, to: Sarah wife of William Price
2. Broad, classical, divided vertically, to: Hannah the wife of
William Buls d.1786, and, to: Martha, daughter of Wm. and
Hannah Buls d.1785.
3. Small, rectangular, with 2 round-faced winged angels and raised
letters, to: John Pilkinton d.1735 aged 61 years.
4. Tall, classical, with shaped head, to: William Daykin d.1814.
Signed Wright of Hickling.
5. Broad, classical, divided vertically, to: William son of John
Woolley by Hannah his wife d.1786 in his 13th year, and, to:
Thomas son of John Woolley by Hannah his wife d.1785 in his
6. Divided vertically, to: Joseph son of John Woolley by Hannah his
wife d.1767 in his 1st year, and, to: Samuel son of John Woolley
by Hannah his wife d.1768 aged 22 weeks.
7. Large, shaped, with relief figure in head, to: Ann wife of
Thomas Daykin and daughter of John and Hannah Woolley d.1799
aged 30. Signed Roworth, carver, Wymeswold.
8. Very tall, to: John Woolley d.1807. Signed Winfield.
9. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel and the date 1728 in the
corners and 'BE YE READY' in raised letters, to: Elizabeth wife
of John Pilkinton d.Oct. 24th 1727 in her 55th year.
10. Tall, classical, to: Hannah wife of John Woolley d.1811 aged
11. Shaped, classical, to: Elizabeth 2nd wife of Thomas Daykin d.1812.
12. Small, rectangular, with round-faced winged angel, to: Elizabeth
Cross, daughter of Richard Cross by Ellinor his wife d.1704 in her
13. Chamfered corners and round-faced winged angel, to: Richard
14. Fairly plain, to: Ruth Dewick d.1761.
15. Classical detail, to: Richard Cross d.1769.
16. Tall, shaped classical, to: Thomas, son of John and Ann Cross
d.1835. Included for group value.
17. Tall, shaped, classical, to: Mary, daughter of John and Ann Cross
d.1836. Included for group value.
18. Large, classical, shaped, to: William Cross, gent d.1807.
19. Small, with round-faced winged angel, to: William Cross d.1744.
20. Small with round-faced winged angel, to: Alice Cross d.1749.
21. Small with round-faced winged angel, to: Elizabeth Cross d.1748.
22. Classical, to: John Cross d.1779.
23. Classical, to: Elizabeth wife of John Cross d.1781.
24. Classical, to: Mary, wife of William Gill and daughter of John
and Elizabeth Cross d.1781.
25. Classical, to: Elizabeth, wife of William Gill d.1796.
26. Classical, to John Daykin d.1733.
27. Classical, to Elizabeth, wife of John Daykin d.1776.
28. Classical, broken, to: Henry son of John and Elizabeth Daykin
d.1761 aged 2 years. Signed Seagrave of Frisby.
29. Tall, classical, to: Thomas Daykin d.1785. Signed Winfield.
30. Shaped, classical, to: Elizabeth the wife of Thomas Daykin
31. Tall, classical, shaped, to: Sarah daughter of Thomas Daykin
by Elizabeth his wife d.1788 in her 14th year.
32. Broad, shaped, classical, divided vertically, to: Samuel Daykin
d.1800 and, to: Mary wife of Samuel Daykin d.1822.
33. Shaped, classical, to: Mary, wife of Edward Turner and daughter
of the late Samuel Daykin by Mary his wife d.1810.
Listing NGR: SK6832426235
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings