This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.71 / 52°42'35"N
Longitude: -2.7516 / 2°45'5"W
OS Eastings: 349316
OS Northings: 312744
OS Grid: SJ493127
Mapcode National: GBR BJ.298J
Mapcode Global: WH8BT.P4XS
Plus Code: 9C4VP65X+X9
Entry Name: Rodney House
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Last Amended: 17 November 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1246545
English Heritage Legacy ID: 455394
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1
Civil Parish: Shrewsbury
Built-Up Area: Shrewsbury
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Shrewsbury St Chad
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ4912NW CASTLE COURT
653-1/11/142 (North East side)
and Rodney House
(Formerly Listed as:
Formerly known as: No.2 SYDNEY COURT.
House, now in use as offices. Early C18. Brick with Welsh
slate roof. 3 storeys, 3-window range to main elevation facing
NW, with casement windows to lower floor, inserted or
enlarged, and 4-pane sash windows above. 2 gabled dormers in
Side elevation to Castle Court incorporates remains of stone
plinth, and a blocked doorway. Added porch gives access to
No.14. Gabled wing to court elevation, with irregular
fenestration, and doorway up steps.
Elevation to courtyard has doorway in angle of wing and single
window main range, in a C19 added porch with round-arched
doorway flanked by stuccoed pilasters. 4-pane sash windows
Rear elevation of wing to Castle Court has 12-pane sash window
to ground and first floor, and inserted sash windows to attic.
Continuous brick string courses.
Listing NGR: SJ4931612744
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings