History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Gazebo in Churchyard 30 Metres North of Church of St Wilfrid

A Grade II Listed Building in Clifton North, City of Nottingham

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9349 / 52°56'5"N

Longitude: -1.1589 / 1°9'32"W

OS Eastings: 456627

OS Northings: 337829

OS Grid: SK566378

Mapcode National: GBR LMX.52

Mapcode Global: WHDGZ.5HDD

Entry Name: Gazebo in Churchyard 30 Metres North of Church of St Wilfrid

Listing Date: 12 July 1972

Last Amended: 30 November 1995

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1247112

English Heritage Legacy ID: 455821

Location: Nottingham, NG11

County: City of Nottingham

Electoral Ward/Division: Clifton North

Built-Up Area: West Bridgford

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Wilford

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
West Bridgford

Listing Text


NOTTINGHAM

SK53NE CHURCH LANE, Wilford
646-1/7/805 Gazebo in churchyard 30m north of
12/07/72 Church of St Wilfrid
(Formerly Listed as:
WILFORD
Gazebo in churchyard of Church of St
Wilfrid)

GV II

Gazebo. 1757. Burnt out 1976, restored 1980. Red brick, with
pyramidal plain tile roof with finial. Capped side wall stack.
Dentillated eaves. Single storey plus basement, hexagonal
plan. Elliptical arched doorway and 4 barred windows, one to
each face, all with brick arches and cornice keystones.
Segment-arched door to basement. INTERIOR rendered, with
mainly original roof.
The basement was formerly used as a mortuary for drowned
bodies.
(Wilford church guide: Wright A: Wilford: 1978-).


Listing NGR: SK5662737829

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


NOTTINGHAM

SK53NE CHURCH LANE, Wilford
646-1/7/805 Gazebo in churchyard 30m north of
12/07/72 Church of St Wilfrid
(Formerly Listed as:
WILFORD
Gazebo in churchyard of Church of St
Wilfrid)

GV II

Gazebo. 1757. Burnt out 1976, restored 1980. Red brick, with
pyramidal plain tile roof with finial. Capped side wall stack.
Dentillated eaves. Single storey plus basement, hexagonal
plan. Elliptical arched doorway and 4 barred windows, one to
each face, all with brick arches and cornice keystones.
Segment-arched door to basement. INTERIOR rendered, with
mainly original roof.
The basement was formerly used as a mortuary for drowned
bodies.
(Wilford church guide: Wright A: Wilford: 1978-).


Listing NGR: SK5662737829

Selected Sources

Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.

Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.