History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

1, Church Row

A Grade II Listed Building in City and Hunslet, Leeds

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7952 / 53°47'42"N

Longitude: -1.5369 / 1°32'12"W

OS Eastings: 430602

OS Northings: 433311

OS Grid: SE306333

Mapcode National: GBR BLM.F9

Mapcode Global: WHC9D.CVCW

Entry Name: 1, Church Row

Listing Date: 5 August 1976

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1255560

English Heritage Legacy ID: 465873

Location: Leeds, LS2

County: Leeds

Electoral Ward/Division: City and Hunslet

Built-Up Area: Leeds

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Leeds City

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Leeds

Listing Text


LEEDS

SE3033SE CHURCH ROW
714-1/79/96 (West side)
05/08/76 No.1

GV II

House. Early C19, restored c1980. Brick, rendered and lined in
imitation of ashlar, low-pitched hipped slate roof with
shortened stack left.
2 storeys, 2 windows wide, margin lights, 4-pane sashes to
ground floor, C20 frames to first floor. Central 6-panel door
with overlight in wooden surround with pilasters and
entablature. Continuous sill band to first floor, deep eaves
band. Right return has doorway and window in round-arched
recesses with moulded arch and impost; moulded architraves to
windows above, C20 frames. 6-window facade to High Court Lane
has restored sashes with glazing bars and former shop window
to ground floor, left.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
The area between Church Row and High Court Lane has been built
on since before 1725 (Cossins map); the situation of this
building, close to the main gateway to the churchyard,
suggests a connection with the Parish Church of St Peter,
Kirkgate (qv).


Listing NGR: SE3060233311

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


LEEDS

SE3033SE CHURCH ROW
714-1/79/96 (West side)
05/08/76 No.1

GV II

House. Early C19, restored c1980. Brick, rendered and lined in
imitation of ashlar, low-pitched hipped slate roof with
shortened stack left.
2 storeys, 2 windows wide, margin lights, 4-pane sashes to
ground floor, C20 frames to first floor. Central 6-panel door
with overlight in wooden surround with pilasters and
entablature. Continuous sill band to first floor, deep eaves
band. Right return has doorway and window in round-arched
recesses with moulded arch and impost; moulded architraves to
windows above, C20 frames. 6-window facade to High Court Lane
has restored sashes with glazing bars and former shop window
to ground floor, left.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
The area between Church Row and High Court Lane has been built
on since before 1725 (Cossins map); the situation of this
building, close to the main gateway to the churchyard,
suggests a connection with the Parish Church of St Peter,
Kirkgate (qv).


Listing NGR: SE3060233311

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.