This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0622 / 51°3'43"N
Longitude: -1.7962 / 1°47'46"W
OS Eastings: 414378
OS Northings: 129228
OS Grid: SU143292
Mapcode National: GBR 51F.8PM
Mapcode Global: FRA 7649.S2V
Plus Code: 9C3W3663+VG
Entry Name: 2, ST NICHOLAS'S ROAD (See details for further address information)
Listing Date: 28 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1259072
English Heritage Legacy ID: 446164
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
ST NICHOLAS'S ROAD
1594 (West Side)
28.2.52. No 4
SU 1429 SW 5/357
No 2 former service rang of No 4. 1 storey and basement red brick with half
hipped old tile roof, brick eaves. Very early Cl9, 4 flush framed sashes,
glazing bars intact, with flush panelled shutters. Door of 6 flush panels
in plain surround approached at right angles by flight of stone steps with
wavy wrought iron guard rail. Flat hood on shaped brackets.
No 4 circa 1800. 3 storey. White brick. Strings at 1st and 2nd floor levels.
Moulded wood cornice and plain parapet with stone coping. 3 small windows
on 2nd floor. 2 large windows on lst floor and central angular bay with moulded
cornice and panelled apron. 2 similar windows on ground floor and central
6-Panel door in doorcase of delicately reeded pilasters, corner blocks, plain
frieze and moulded cornice with a dentilled bed mould, set in an elaborate
and delicate scroll pattern wrought iron porch under bay window.
Nos 2 and 4 form a group with No 7 De Vaux Place.
Listing NGR: SU1438329228
Other nearby listed buildings