This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0609 / 51°3'39"N
Longitude: -1.7963 / 1°47'46"W
OS Eastings: 414373
OS Northings: 129084
OS Grid: SU143290
Mapcode National: GBR 51F.GNZ
Mapcode Global: FRA 7649.S24
Plus Code: 9C3W3663+9F
Entry Name: 7, St Nicholas's Road
Listing Date: 28 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1273135
English Heritage Legacy ID: 446199
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
ST NICHOLAS'S ROAD
1594 (East Side)
SU 1429 SW 5/33 28.2.52.
Late C19/early C19 refacing of C13 structure, the Chapel of St John the Baptist,
some remains of which are incorporated in present building. 2 storeys to road,
3 to sides and rear as St John's Island is low lying. Stucco facing. Low
pitch hipped slate roof. West front to road has central 2 storey bowed bay
with stone coping. 2 windows recessed sashes both floors, recessed sashes,
glazing bars intact.
6 Panel door recessed to right with panelled reveals, rectangular 2 pane fanlight.
Doorcase of pilasters and plain flat hood. Remains of 2 lancet windows on
north front and to south walls. At east end widely spaced group of 3 stepped
lancets with drip moulds. Below road level to west, doorway with continuous
Nos 7 to 11 (odd) form a group with Nos 16 & 18.
Listing NGR: SU1437429084
Other nearby listed buildings