This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1904 / 53°11'25"N
Longitude: -2.8969 / 2°53'48"W
OS Eastings: 340168
OS Northings: 366303
OS Grid: SJ401663
Mapcode National: GBR 79.34T8
Mapcode Global: WH88F.G2RG
Entry Name: 2, Stanley Place
Listing Date: 28 July 1955
Last Amended: 6 August 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1376405
English Heritage Legacy ID: 470401
Location: Cheshire West and Chester, CH1
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Electoral Ward/Division: Chester City
Built-Up Area: Chester
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Chester St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chester
CHESTER CITY (IM)
SJ4066SW STANLEY PLACE
595-1/3/370 (North side)
(Formerly Listed as:
Nos 1-9 (consec). No 10 & Nos 11-14
Town house, now office. 1782. Flemish bond brown brick with
grey slate roof.
3 storeys. One stone step to door of 5 fielded panels, the top
panel being broad; plain overlight; doorcase with simple
pilasters and pediment with dentils and mouldings. 2 windows
to each storey, the sashes replaced by carefully detailed
metal casements in wood sub-frames as 20-pane cross-windows to
the first and second storeys and 12-pane casements to the
third storey; painted stooled stone sills and slightly
cambered painted gauged-brick heads; a simple cornice.
Rainwater head with bracket dated 1782. The rear is rebuilt.
INTERIOR: the plain brick cellar has brick walls, flat ceiling
and replaced stair; all features are removed from the first
storey; the stair is covered; the second storey has panels
beneath windows, but other features removed; newels and part
of swept handrail on plinthed stick balusters survive on upper
stair; the third storey has doors of 4 fielded panels.
Listing NGR: SJ4016866303
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings