This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.4843 / 53°29'3"N
Longitude: -2.249 / 2°14'56"W
OS Eastings: 383571
OS Northings: 398653
OS Grid: SJ835986
Mapcode National: GBR DHF.QY
Mapcode Global: WHB9G.FP86
Plus Code: 9C5VFQM2+P9
Entry Name: 14 and 16, Blackfriars Street
Listing Date: 12 August 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1386083
English Heritage Legacy ID: 471507
Location: Salford, M3
Electoral Ward/Division: Ordsall
Built-Up Area: Salford
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Salford Sacred Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
SJ8398NE BLACKFRIARS STREET
949-1/21/9 (West side)
12/08/76 Nos.14 AND 16
Formerly known as: Nos.12-16 BLACKFRIARS STREET.
Offices and warehouse. Dated 1866. Ashlar-faced to ground
floor, brick with stone dressings above.
4 storeys, 10-window range. Central round-arched door with
marble shafts and moulded architrave flanked by 2-pane sash
windows divided by square pilasters with vermiculated bases
and stylised foliate capitals. Cast-iron grilles below
windows. Cornice over first floor, with date over door.
Flat-arched entrance to rear to left. Venetian Gothic windows
to first floor, with marble shafts and foliated capitals,
linked by continuous enriched string course. Second floor
similar, but with stilted arched heads to windows and plain
stone shafts and string course. Third floor detailed as second
storey. Modillion eaves cornice, and paired brick stacks, with
stiff leaf frieze below projecting caps on front and side
INTERIOR not inspected.
Listing NGR: SJ8356798657
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings