This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.4848 / 53°29'5"N
Longitude: -2.2503 / 2°15'1"W
OS Eastings: 383486
OS Northings: 398704
OS Grid: SJ834987
Mapcode National: GBR DHF.FS
Mapcode Global: WHB9G.DNNV
Plus Code: 9C5VFPMX+WV
Entry Name: Church of the Sacred Trinity
Listing Date: 31 January 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1386185
English Heritage Legacy ID: 471610
Location: Salford, M3
Electoral Ward/Division: Ordsall
Built-Up Area: Salford
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Salford Sacred Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
SJ8398NW TRINITY MARKET
949-1/20/111 Church of the Sacred Trinity
Church, now also library and offices. 1752 with tower of 1635.
Restoration 1871-74 by Holden. Ashlar. West tower, nave and
EXTERIOR: 2-stage tower transitional Gothic-classical style,
with Decorated window divided by transom in lower stage, and
paired bell chamber lights above. Angle pilasters, and
triglyph frieze below embattled parapet with cusped finials.
Leaded spirelet with wrought-iron weather vane. Nave expressed
as 2 storeys for galleried interior, with round-arched
doorways to NW and SW with heavy voussoirs to arches and
round-arched windows with kneelers and keystones on each
floor, divided by plain string course. Modillion eaves cornice
below parapet. Chancel projects as small rectangular bay with
pair of round-headed windows with round-headed niche above,
and string course.
INTERIOR: galleried plan with aisles below gallery now
partitioned off to form separate offices. Galleries themselves
now in use as library. Moulded wood panelling to gallery and
to casing of supporting piers, with Doric columns above.
Shallow king-post and panelled roof dates from Victorian
Listing NGR: SJ8348698704
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings