This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.4846 / 53°29'4"N
Longitude: -2.2501 / 2°15'0"W
OS Eastings: 383500
OS Northings: 398680
OS Grid: SJ835986
Mapcode National: GBR DHF.GW
Mapcode Global: WHB9G.DPR0
Plus Code: 9C5VFPMX+RX
Entry Name: No. 81 CHAPEL STREET and No. 4 BOOTH STREET
Listing Date: 9 March 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1386114
English Heritage Legacy ID: 471538
Location: Salford, M3
Electoral Ward/Division: Ordsall
Built-Up Area: Salford
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Salford Sacred Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 05/10/2017
SJ 8398 NW,
CHAPEL STREET (south side), No. 81,
BOOTH STREET (west side), No. 4,
(Formerly Listed as: The Punch Bowl Public House; previously known as: Waggon and Horses Public House BOOTH STREET. Includes: No.4 BOOTH STREET.)
Formerly two public houses combined into one. Substantially of 1817.
Red brick with some burnt headers to Booth Street elevation.
Welsh slate roof.
Main block three storeys, 2-window range, one on curved angle with
Booth Street, then 3-window return. Doorway across angle, and
round-arched windows to right. Heavy console brackets support
the fascia of the later C19 public house front which continues
across Booth Street elevation. Upper windows are 12-pane
sashes with flat-arched gauged brick heads and continuous
sill-band to second storey. Modillion eaves cornice, and end
wall stacks. Lower wing to Booth Street elevation, the former
Waggon and Horses. Two storeys, 4-window range with doorway to
right, then two later C19 public house windows divided by
mullions into three segmentally-arched lights. 16- and 12-pane sash
windows above with flat-arched gauged brick heads.
INTERIOR not inspected.
Listing NGR: SJ8350098680
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings