This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.412 / 51°24'43"N
Longitude: -3.2053 / 3°12'18"W
OS Eastings: 316272
OS Northings: 168798
OS Grid: ST162687
Mapcode National: GBR HX.Q6GS
Mapcode Global: VH6FL.DRCX
Entry Name: Cog House
Listing Date: 30 January 1992
Last Amended: 25 September 2002
Source ID: 13460
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Forming the E range of the farm complex set back behind wall with iron railings, just W of the T-junction with Swanbridge Road and Sully Road, NE of Sully village.
County: Vale of Glamorgan
Community: Sully and Lavernock (Sili a Larnog)
Traditional County: Glamorgan
Cog Farm is said to have been built c 1816-17 by Evan Thomas of Sully House, the farmhouse probably contemporary. Some later C19 enlargements and further C20 alterations. Farm was laid out on a model farm plan reflecting the agricultural prosperity of the region in early C19 and included farmyards to front, a wide range of farm buildings and a separate rickyard to rear. In the Sully Tithe apportionment of 1846, all Cog land and buildings appear under the name of John Bland.
Farmhouse. Of stone,roughcast rendered, with slate roof and wide boarded eaves; 2 ridge stacks to each wing of which 2 are rendered. L-shaped plan. Two storeys. 3-window range to long frontage with projecting single bay wing to right. Glazing is mostly replaced small-pane casement windows. Off-centre gabled porch. Gable-ended wing to right has decorative bargeboards; similar bargeboards to rear and to the 3 parallel cross ranges. Central entrance to right hand side which includes 12-pane sash window. Road frontage has a 3-window range, all altered glazing except ground floor sash left of door; centre right doorway with replaced door, overlight. A range of small white-painted stone farmyard buildings with pantile roofs extends to side, facing the main farmyard complex.
Interior reported to retain old boarded stairs, open fireplaces.
Listed as an integral part of this model farm complex; group value with other buildings within it.
Other nearby listed buildings