This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.575 / 51°34'30"N
Longitude: -3.2606 / 3°15'38"W
OS Eastings: 312735
OS Northings: 186992
OS Grid: ST127869
Mapcode National: GBR HT.CYB8
Mapcode Global: VH6DS.FNLY
Entry Name: Telephone Call-Box
Listing Date: 12 June 1990
Last Amended: 25 May 1999
Source ID: 13577
Building Class: Communications
Location: Located immediately outside the White Cross Inn, within the car park. Groeswen Chapel adjoins the car park to the E.
Community: Penyrheol, Trecenydd and Energlyn (Pen-yr-heol, Trecenydd ac Eneu'r-glyn)
Community: Penyrheol, Trecenydd and Energlyn
Traditional County: Glamorgan
K6-type telephone call-box, to the standard design of Giles Gilbert Scott, architect, of London. The design was introduced by the GPO in 1936; this example dates from the reign of King George VI. Foundry plate inscribed 'Carron Company, Stirlingshire'.
Square red kiosk of cast iron construction. Domed roof with four lunettes containing embossed crowns and ventilation slits. Raised surrounds to sides and door with marginal bars to horizontal glazing. Blank rear, moulded plinth.
Listed as a well preserved telephone call-box in a historic setting close to Groeswen Chapel.
Other nearby listed buildings