This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2937 / 53°17'37"N
Longitude: -3.7265 / 3°43'35"W
OS Eastings: 285019
OS Northings: 378800
OS Grid: SH850788
Mapcode National: GBR 2ZFC.01
Mapcode Global: WH655.QGNW
Entry Name: Church of St David
Listing Date: 25 July 1994
Last Amended: 25 July 1994
Source ID: 14708
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Behind the larger Church of Saint Paul, opposite the Police station.
Community: Colwyn Bay (Bae Colwyn)
Community: Colwyn Bay
Built-Up Area: Colwyn Bay
Traditional County: Denbighshire
Built as the Welsh Church in a 1902-3, by Douglas and Fordham, architects, of Chester.
Squared random limestone rubble with red sandstone dressings, and red plain tiled roof. A low building comprising nave with apsidal chancel at the west end. Perpendicaular style. Entrance in E facing gable in lean-to timber framed porch, with 3-light traceried window above. The main body of the church is articulated as 4 unequally sized bays by raking buttresses, with flat headed windows of 2 and 3 lights. A slate hung bell turret surmounts the roof at the east end, square in plan, raking up to an angled spirelet.
Single space divided into 5 bays by hammerbeam trusses, with simple chamfered wood arch and wrought iron scrolled rails made by a local blacksmith, David Jones, to apsidal sanctuary.
Part of the an important group with the Church of Saint Paul, the Church Hall, and also with the Police Station opposite.
Other nearby listed buildings