This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1922 / 53°11'31"N
Longitude: -3.686 / 3°41'9"W
OS Eastings: 287453
OS Northings: 367451
OS Grid: SH874674
Mapcode National: GBR 68.2YZD
Mapcode Global: WH65S.C103
Plus Code: 9C5R58R7+VJ
Entry Name: Pen Uchar Llan
Listing Date: 17 March 1999
Last Amended: 17 March 1999
Source ID: 21475
Building Class: Domestic
Location: In the centre of Llangernyw on the S side of the minor road leading W from the village.
Traditional County: Denbighshire
Probably built in the early C19, the building appears on the 1840 Tithe Map in the ownership of Samuel Sandbach of Hafodunos.
End of terrace two storey vernacular cottage. Symmetrical front elevation facing N. Central doorway with part glazed timber door. Bracketed timber canopy with gable truss and slate roof above doorway. One bay of windows each side of door; 8/12 cast iron window with fine glazing bars and centre-pivoted top light to first floor E side; remaining windows have late C19 6/6 timber double hung sashes.
Interior not accessible for inspection at time of resurvey.
Included as part of a row of C19 estate-owned cottages retaining architectural integrity, with features of architectural and historic interest, occupying a prominent location in the village centre, and for group value with St Digain's church and Lychgate.
Other nearby listed buildings