History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Raised Slab Monument to Harry Lloyd in churchyard of Church of St Digain

A Grade II Listed Building in Llangernyw, Conwy

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1921 / 53°11'31"N

Longitude: -3.6853 / 3°41'7"W

OS Eastings: 287498

OS Northings: 367433

OS Grid: SH874674

Mapcode National: GBR 68.2Z4M

Mapcode Global: WH65S.C1B7

Plus Code: 9C5R58R7+RV

Entry Name: Raised Slab Monument to Harry Lloyd in churchyard of Church of St Digain

Listing Date: 17 March 1999

Last Amended: 17 March 1999

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 21472

Building Class: Miscellaneous

Location: In th SW section of the churchyard, adjacent to the S wall of the church vestry.

County: Conwy

Town: Abergele

Community: Llangernyw

Community: Llangernyw

Traditional County: Denbighshire

Find accommodation in
Llangerniew

History

Commemmorates Harry Lloyd of Rhanheire d.1665.

Exterior

Raised slab monument of sandstone with carved guilloche border and edges and raised capital lettering in sunk bands: HERE LYETH THE BODY OF HARRY LLOYD OF RHANHEIRE. GENTLEMAN. YE SONNE OF ROGER LLOYD, ESQ. HUSBAND TO MARY LLOYD, DAUGHTER OF THOMAS LLOYD OF KYMDDEL IN LLANSANNAN, ESQR. WHO DIED YE 14TH DAY OF APRIL ANO. D. 1665, AGED 72, SIX MONTHS AND TWO DAYS.

Reasons for Listing

Included as a fine example of a C17 raised slab monument and group value with church of St Digain.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II* Church of St Digain
    The parish church stands S of the centre of a roughly oval-shaped churchyard on the S side of Llangernyw village centre. The churchyard is entered through a lychgate at W.
  • II Siop Ucha
    In the centre of Llangernyw on the S side of the minor road leading W from the village.
  • II Youth Club
    The youth club stands below and approximately 30m SE of the Church of St Digain, on the NE side of school yard, entered from a gateway on the W side.
  • II Lychgate to Church of St Digain
    The lychgate is situated on the W side of the churchyard, close to the centre of Llangernyw village.
  • II Ivy Cottage
    In the centre of Llangernyw on the S side of the minor road leading W from the village.
  • II Group of 2 Monuments in churchyard to Church of St Digain
    In the E section of the churchyard, approximately 30m E of the chancel of the church, within an area defined by four trimmed yew trees.
  • II Pen Uchar Llan
    In the centre of Llangernyw on the S side of the minor road leading W from the village.
  • II Ty'r Ysgol
    Ty'r Ysgol adjoins the E end of the former village school below and approximately 30m SE of the Church of St Digain, and is entered through a gateway leading from the school yard on the W side.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.