This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.391 / 51°23'27"N
Longitude: -3.3201 / 3°19'12"W
OS Eastings: 308243
OS Northings: 166602
OS Grid: ST082666
Mapcode National: GBR HR.RMKQ
Mapcode Global: VH6FQ.D9MH
Plus Code: 9C3R9MRH+CX
Entry Name: Cross in the Churchyard of the Church of St Curig
Listing Date: 30 September 2004
Last Amended: 30 September 2004
Source ID: 83149
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: On the south side of the Church of St Curig.
County: Vale of Glamorgan
Community: Rhoose (Y Rhws)
Traditional County: Glamorgan
Probably C15 in origin and all the elements appear to be medieval, but the steps (and presumably the whole structure) have been taken down and rebuilt at a time unknown. This must have been after 1874 when it is recorded as having been blown down in a storm.
Churchyard cross of limestone ashlar and rubble consisting of a tall polygonal shaft with broach stops and with a much worn head (Virgin and child), set in a square socket stone with broach stops on a base of four square steps.
Included for its historic interest as a medieval churchyard cross and for its group value with the Church of St Curig.
Other nearby listed buildings